MSC Inc. is an ecumenical Christian ministry outreach service run by volunteers from both the churches of Mackay and the wider general community. Street Chaplains aim to reach beyond the church walls to offer God’s love and presence to the wider city, to provide a listening ear to all and to engage with the community in acts of practical care, especially to those who are most vulnerable.
The mission of MSC Inc. is to offer practical and pastoral care to people where they are, and to oversee and staff the Rest and Recovery Tent in the nightclub area of Mackay.
Mackay Street Chaplaincy is run by a group from across the churches of Mackay and the wider community, including those who do not belong to a church but are happy to operate within the Christian ethos.
The parable of The Good Samaritan (As found in the Gospel Luke 10:25-37), portrays the principles upon which our organisation is modelled and guided.
This story speaks about helping someone in need without any judgment or prejudice, and without any expectation for gain or requirement for anything in return.
We saw a need... We are all kinds of people from 18 year olds to 80 something... we aim to be the answer to prayer for the friend, parent or grandparent of a person at risk or in need.
Feed back and Complaints
An informal feedback book is freely available on our table while the team is on shift. We thank you for your comments and will take on board any suggestions. Should there be any complaints about our service please click on the link below for the official complaints procedure.
1. Mackay Street Chaplaincy respect and seek to protect our client’s privacy at all times. We only collect information from or about our clients that is needed to assist them.
2. We will only pass that information on to those who need it to assist our clients, such as other service providers (paramedics, police, taxi rank controllers and security) or as required by law.
3. We may also pass on information to the Police if we are concerned that a crime has been committed or is about to be committed.
4. We may release de-identified information about the ways we assist on the streets for statistical purposes, training, case studies, and to relevant authorities.
5. Any information that we collect from or about our clients will be kept securely
Physical Health Help
• Local GP
• Mackay Base hospital: 49 686 000
mental Health Help
• GP or Base Hospital
• ATODS - 49 683 893
• Lifeline - 13 11 14
Crime Stoppers Mackay
• Email: M. S. C
• Phone: 0476 120 400